- graph : a diagram that shows how different variables in a dataset are related
- x-axis : the line on a graph that runs horizontally (left to right)
- y-axis : the line on a graph that runs vertically (bottom to top)
- variable : a factor or a condition that can be measured, observed, or changed
Understanding graphs and other visual forms of data is an important skill for scientists. This module describes how to read and interpret graphs and introduces other types of visual data. With a look at various examples, it is clear how trends can be grasped easily when the data is shown in a visual form.
- Visual representations of data are essential for both data analysis and interpretation.
- Visualization highlights trends and patterns in numeric datasets that might not otherwise be apparent.
- Understanding and interpreting graphs and other visual forms of data is a critical skill for scientists and students of science.