An abbreviation for Before the Common Era, which is a designation for the years prior to year 1 of the Gregorian calendar. BCE is an alternative to the abbreviation BC, and the numbering of years is identical to the Before Christ system. Compare with CE.
Appears in modules:
- Biodiversity I Definitions and patterns of diversity
- Circulation in the Atmosphere Earth's tilt, orbit, rotation, and the redistribution of energy
- Density and Buoyancy Definitions and units
- Diffusion I Random molecular movement and influences on diffusion rate
- Early Ideas about Matter From Democritus to Dalton
- Experimentation in Scientific Research Variables and controls in practice
- Exponential Equations I Growth and decay
- Exponential Equations II The constant e and limits to growth
- Factors that Control Earth's Temperature Energy from the sun and greenhouse gases
- Lipids Composition, structure, and function
- Measurement Units, measuring strategies, and error
- Substances Pure substances and mixtures
- Taxonomy I What's in a name?
- The Hydrologic Cycle Reservoirs and fluxes of water on Earth
- The Nature of Scientific Knowledge What is it and why should we trust it?
- The Practice of Science An introduction to research methods
- Theories, Hypotheses, and Laws Definitions, examples, and their roles in science
- Utilizing the Scientific Literature The record of scientific progress
- Waves and Wave Motion Describing waves