A substance that, when added to an aqueous solution, has a color determined by the pH. If reactant is added to a pH specific to the indicator, the color will change, indicating that the solution in the flask has reached that pH value.
Appears in modules:
- Acids and Bases I Definitions, pH and neutralization
- Ocean Currents Mapping and explaining the ocean’s gyres
- Population Biology Carrying capacity, demographics, and cycles
- Properties of Gases The gas laws and the ideal gas equation
- Substances Pure substances and mixtures
- Utilizing the Scientific Literature The record of scientific progress